Key features: An SBRI competition that will be launched by the City of Cardiff Council to identify and develop innovative solutions to generate portable renewable energy technologies that are able to work in a range of locations on underused or vacant land in the city.
Award: Up to £1million
Opens: 20 Apr 2015, 00:02
Registration closes: No deadline
Closes: 08 Jun 2015, 17:02
Support phone number: email@example.com
Portable renewable energy generation
- be easy to transport, install, dismantle and store;
- be able to work effectively in a range of different locational scenarios;
- consider and devise effective, low cost means of connecting to energy distribution grids, directly to nearby users, and/or methods to store energy for future use elsewhere;
- address issues of site security and health and safety;
- be mindful of potential impacts on neighbouring areas;
- consider means of registering for appropriate Government incentives for renewable energy regeneration; and
- show a clear route to scalability and cost effective production, measured against return on investment.
- Stage 1: Up to 4 feasibility projects up to £50k each.
- Stage 2: Up to 2 demonstrator projects up to £400k each.